»»UPDATED Oct. 16, 2016
Just announced: TENOR 2 vacancy
Hiring Date: January 6, 2016
Audition Deadline: December 1, 2015
• Prepare these excerpts for tenor, flute, and clarinet. » DOWNLOAD EXCERPTS «
• Also: several excerpts of improvisation of swing, blues, ballad, etc should be included, chosen at the discretion of the candidate, should be no more than a minute in length, and MP3 format is preferred. Concise YouTube videos may be submitted as well.
• See below for additional information.
This just in: there are vacancies in the World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra. Here are the audition details:
3rd TROMBONE & DRUMMER (separate gigs!)
Hiring date: January 6, 2016.
Deadline for audition submissions: Tuesday, December 1, 2015.
• TROMBONE: excerpts at the discretion of the candidate and should include various styles (swing, bebop, Latin, etc.) as well as improvisation.
• DRUMS: excerpts at the discretion of the candidate but must include medium and fast swing, ballad, and Latin styles.
• Excerpts should be no more than a minute in length and MP3 format is preferred.
• Concise YouTube videos may be submitted as well.
• Applicants must be a U.S. citizen with a valid/ current passport and willing to commit to the end of 2016.
• All submissions and inquiries are to be directed to:
Glenn Miller Orchestra road manager