Are you using an iPad or other tablet for your sheet music? Are you thinking about it? Are other members of your ensemble doing it?
If so, you should know that all HirschMusic titles are iPad-ready. When you purchase a PDF download you will receive a folder containing individual PDFs for each part & score in the set(s) of music you ordered.
Here's why this is a game-changer:
- If you're the conductor, you can put the score right in your PDF music organizer.
- If you're a performer, you can put your part in your PDF music organizer.
- And if your bandmates also use an iPad (or similar tablet) you can email them their specific part(s) to put in their PDF music organizers.
- No need to scan printed music.
- No need to split apart a single PDF that contains every part & score.
- You'll never lose a part again. I recommend storing your PDFs in a private DropBox (or similar cloud-based storage) for safe keeping.
Have you seen the app ForScore? Here are some of its cool features:
- Organize your setlists.
- Mark up your part (yes, using its text editor you can enter notes to yourself). I think you may even be able to mark in corrections to the music.
- Highlight road-map elements on your part: D.S., Coda, repeats.
- Compatible with a wireless (bluetooth) foot-activated page turner.
- I'm not representing this app in any way, but I've seen it in action and am thoroughly impressed with it. Here's the ForScore website.
What are you waiting for? Go get yourself some iPad-ready music!