- View my sketches through stages of composing new chart
How to write horn parts to an existing tune, and make them sound like they've been there all along
- How to create horn lines from rhythm section figures
- Things to consider when arranging horn (and string) parts for a vocalist
- How I wrote 10 big band charts in 2.5 weeks — and lived to tell about it. Includes tips for productivity.
- Nelson Riddle as model for efficient, intelligent arranging
- Discussion and demonstration for improving readability in your parts by tweaking the measure layout
- Brief essay with examples about economical composing and arranging
- Here are the specs for my process for printing publisher-quality music on demand.
Big Band Score & Sketch • Sax Quartet Score & Sketch • 8- and 10-stave • Grand Staff • more!